Episode 2: COVID-19 from the Front Lines
Shaun and Lydia Happy Hour is a podcast that focuses on the good things in life. We are staunch believers in pronoia, the opposite of paranoia. We're here to share our journey as we rocket on a lump of dirt through the cosmos. All are invited to this happy hour, so bust out your favorite cold beverage and join in on the fun!
This week, we're fortunate to have Gail Grimes on the show to share what it was like to be on the front lines during this coronavirus pandemic as a registered nurse. Gail goes into detail about her experiences in the ICU just after achieving her certification. If you have wondered what this past year has been like for a healthcare worker, this is a great episode to tune into!
- When things ramped up at the beginning of the pandemic
- What does PPE entail
- Bed count in the ICU
- Need for more nurses, support from travel nurses
- Gail's first day in the ICU
- Leadership in the United States throughout the pandemic
- Shaun Johnson - @ShaunSJohnson on everything
- Lydia Johnson - @Lyddz on Instagram
BIG THANK YOU to our guest:
- Gail Grimes - @gail_the_snayle
Intro and outro music is "Travel" by Weird Heat. Please support the artist by streaming and/our buying this track and all their other tracks on your favorite music distribution platform.